Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rainy Update

It's been a little while since I last updated the blog, but I certainly didn't forget about it. I got busy with some things for work, and the blog was truthfully lower on the priority list. Tokyo has been under a rainy spell lately. No bad earthquakes (knock on wood), but quite a few instances of guerilla rain. This is fairly unusual for the region. Tokyo does get rain, but it tends to be the kind that drenches you throughout the day sans lightning.

I've been busy trying to prepare myself for fall and eventually winter by buying some other clothing. Unfortunately, most shops are still selling summer clothes at large discounts to prepare for the next season. Although I'm perfectly capable of shopping in department stores, the clothing is often marked up exceptionally high, and I'm trying to be a little prudent with my funds at the moment.

I received a really fantastic gift the other day from Tai's grandmother. She bought me a laundry rack. I'll be able to keep it outside normally, but I can move it inside if I want to be able to dry clothes when it's raining or cold. It's definitely exciting though. Now, the only thing I really need to buy for my apartment is a comforter for the winter. I'll get to that once it gets a little colder since they aren't being sold yet.

Japanese class is going well, but I need to study more. I'm thinking that I'll try to get a little more studying done before I slip into another lazy afternoon nap. I'm off to go be a little productive. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment