Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Of Bookstores

Well, it's break, so I don't have as much to say at the moment. I've been studying, exploring through the city, getting lost, and enjoying myself though. This is just something that I've noticed among my travels. And that is that I have no idea how bookstores stay open here.

People seem to read most of the book or all of the magazine in the store, and I've rarely seen anyone walk up to the counter and buy something unless it's for some TOEFL, TOEIC, or similar exam. Tsutaya also rents DVDS, CDs, etc., so I can understand how that part of their company keeps the store open, but surely supplying thousands of books isn't cheap, especially if you basically become your neighborhood library. If anyone else has any clues as to why this is, please feel free to enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment