Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hello all!

Hi everyone. Well, this is my first post here on Blogspot. I admit I've never been much of a blogger in the past, but I'm hoping to change that this year! I'll be using this blog to keep in touch with family and friends while I'm abroad, though of course, anyone is free to follow my adventures.

So, let's start with the basics.

Who am I?
I'm Michelle, an East Asian Languages and Cultures major who is studying abroad this next academic year at Ritsumeikan University (Kyoto, Japan).

What will I be doing in Japan?
Studying the language and culture of course! Right now, I've had about 2 years of college-level Japanese. Though I know some, I still have a long way to go! I'm hoping my experience in Japan will help me to not only gain some more knowledge about the Japanese languages and culture, but also that I'll gain more insight into myself.

Anyway, over the course of this next year, I'll try to keep this blog updated at least weekly. I'll post tips, interesting stories, and the like. Of course, if you have any questions, I'll happily answer those as well! For now, I'm going to continue my preparations, and you'll hear from me again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Look I'm the first one to harass your shiny new blog. Also, yay title.

    ReplyDelete