Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Apartment App Accepted

My apartment application was approved today. The next step is the price negotiation. There are a few things that go into the negotiation of the apartment.

  1. The condition of the apartment. Is it dirty? Has it been well taken care of? If you ask for the walls/floor to be replaced, you can't negotiate much on price. If you're fine with the previous floors, you have room to negotiate. Since I thought my apartment had been cleaned prior to my visit Saturday, I'm not going to ask for the walls/floor to be replaced.
  2. The lock. Do you want the lock to be replaced? Apparently the landlord doesn't take up the keys from the previous tenant, so they have a copy of the key. If you want to be sure no one is entering your apartment that you don't know about, it's best to get the lock replaced. Unfortunately, this is quite the fee (around 1万5千円 or 105 dollars).
  3. You can also try to negotiate just to lower the rent, but this is difficult without any sort of proof. I'm expecting to lower my rent by only 10-30 dollars, but I'll take anything I can get.
If all goes well, I'll move in this Saturday! That leaves me with a lot of shopping to do before the start of the next work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment