Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Apartment

I apologize for the delay in posting. I've moved into an apartment and been arranging everything but I just got internet connected the other day. I've finally taken some pictures of the apartment though, so I'll share them with you.

First is a picture of the room itself. I have a small table (inherited from Tai's family after them insisting that I take it since it hadn't been used in 20 years) and my little futon in the corner. I've actually ordered a bed via a website called Nitori. Think of it like an Ikea.


One of the things you have to consider when adding things in your room is that they have to be earthquake proof. The little hangar in my closet kept falling down, so I went with the couple large clothing stands option instead.


This is the entrance to my apartment. The kitchen is on the left and a door to the bathroom and laundry machine opens on the right. That little box is for post that is too sensitive to place downstairs. Why is there a bunch of trash sitting by my trash can, you ask? Today is not plastic day. There will be more on Japanese trash collection in a future post.


My kitchen. I have this really awesome fridge. It's a normal size fridge up top and a pull-out freezer on the bottom. A 30-year-old microwave that I also inherited. And my little rice cooker over in the corner. I bought the fridge, laundry machine, rice cooker, and hair dryer all for $300 dollars all because I made an internet contract at the same time. Talk about a deal!


My laundry machine. You can't really see too much of it since my towel and bath mat are sitting on it to dry, but it's pretty nice. To be honest, I'm not completely sure of all of its features yet. That will involve some time and a dictionary. About all I know is that it washes my clothes, that it semi-dries my clothes, and that it's a Chinese brand. My Swiffer-style wiper is on the side. Notice the door on the left opening to my toilet, and the door on the right opening to my bath. It's unsanitary to have them in the same place.


 My toilet. It's not fancy, but it does the trick. The water faucet on top turns on when you flush the toilet. The water is clean, so you can use it as a sink, thus the hand towel.


My bathroom. This entire room is able to get wet. You use the shower faucet in the main part of the bathroom. After you've showered, you can soak in the tub to relax.


And that's the apartment in a nutshell. I've gotta' go before I'm late to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment