Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Of a Luxury

I bought myself a luxury this past weekend: a bed. An honest-to-goodness bed. It's great to have a bed for more reasons than I can count, but what's so great about my bed is that it's here in my room where I can sleep on it.

It's nothing fancy mind you, but I love it purely for its simplicity. It looks like this by the way. One of the wonderful things about this bed frame is that there's a ton of storage. If you scroll down that page a bit and look at all the possible pictures, I think you'll be impressed. There are two large 32 cm tall drawers that pull out. These can hold all sorts of cool things, like clothing, or books.

On the opposite side are these removable planks from the top. I have to take off the mattress to get to it, but this is for that stuff you almost never use. Like suitcases. Or the large winter cover on the bed once I buy one.

I have to say the favorite thing about my bed though is that I get to sleep on a mattress. You don't realize how much of a luxury a mattress is until you don't have one. Granted, I borrowed a futon, so I wasn't sleeping directly on the floor. I was really grateful for that futon, but Japanese style and American style futons are completely different. American style futons are couches that can pull out to be beds. They're cheaper than a standard couch, but they offer (mainly-college students) versatility. A Japanese style futon is like a roll-out mattress. It looks like this. They're normally about an inch thick, and it's just enough so that you aren't sleeping on the floor.

Thus, the reason that I'm happy about this bed of mine. I even bought a mattress sheet and a pillow case. I don't have a normal sheet yet (those things are unnaturally hard to find). So, I'm just using my Miami blanket until I find something better. Once it gets better, I'll buy myself what is also called a futon, but is a comforter in English.

I'm going to go sleep in this great bed!

1 comment: