Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Of Being a Maigo

My maigo life continues. Only I could have gotten lost going to work the second day. I somehow ended up about a 10 minute walk down the street past the office. How, I'm not quite sure. I was walking on the same side of the road as the Company, and mysteriously I just missed the entrance by 10 minutes before I realized I was in the wrong place. I ended up a a konbini (convenience store) called Lawson and asked the staff for directions to the building. The clerk asked me, "Do you have an address, customer?" "No," I responded. "I don't unfortunately...wait, I might. One minute." And I reached in for the only thing I had on me with my company address: My business card. I gave my own business card to the clerk for him to tell me where my company is. And he knew it was mine too since it's written in the alphabet for foreign loan words. He pulled out a map and tried to help me the best he could, but admitted he wasn't exactly sure where it was. So I hiked back up the street and decided to search for the building again. After walking 10 minutes back toward the station, I found the company. Then, at lunch I went with the other new employee back to Lawson to grab a quick bento (boxed lunch) before a meeting. To add to my embarrassment, I had the same clerk ring up my lunch. I think I won't be going back to Lawson for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment